Suzuki GSX650F Forum - www.GSX650F.biz

A Forum for the Suzuki GSX650F! Sign up to discuss the new bike and share reviews, information and opinions. Everyone welcome!
 FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:22 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to gsx650f

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: gsx650f weight
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:05 am 
Forum Member

The problem is, the friction point of the clutch is somewhere in the last 1/2" of travel. IMO the hydraulic clutch is a total failure on this bike. No feel whatsoever and the only the last 1/2" of travel something happens. I'm glad to have a cable operated clutch again for a next bike. Less (time consuming) maintenance, less weight and more feeling to what the clutch is doing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 pm 
Forum Member

I must admit that I was a bit suprised to discover that the GSX650F weighs almost as much as my old Triumph 955 Tiger, albeit less top-heavy. The saving grace here for the Suzuki is that the weight is carried lower. And for the rough roads that I like to ride on the Suzuki does just as well as the Tiger did.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:31 am 
Forum Member

If u get the feel for the H2O clutch, it snazzy not much effort to pull the lever, makes it nice for shorty levers. But if u have had long ride, then into traffic signal traffic, it is easy to mess up when your tired.

GSX650F K8 BLUE/WHITE. MRA windscreen Yosh clutch and brake res covers R77 S on, Pazo shorty clutch/brake levers .compass/ temp int, LSL clip ons. 1250 oil cooler Sargent seat aluminum oil filler . . PB REAL Carbon side frame covers. Comp Werks under tail. PB Hugger. All lighting LED except LOW and High beam. Shorai LiFePO4 battery Busa rear shock, adj dogbones, danmotorearsets

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 pm 
Forum Member

Kadett wrote:
The problem is, the friction point of the clutch is somewhere in the last 1/2" of travel. IMO the hydraulic clutch is a total failure on this bike. No feel whatsoever and the only the last 1/2" of travel something happens. I'm glad to have a cable operated clutch again for a next bike. Less (time consuming) maintenance, less weight and more feeling to what the clutch is doing.

and then the cable snapped, doh!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:42 pm 
Forum Member

I have to say I'm always amused by the posts about the weight of the 650 F. I've just come off 11 years riding a Concours C-10 (GTR in Europe I believe). Surprisingly, the ergos on the 650 are virtually identical to the Connie. I've been very comfy on multiple 450 mi. days, thus far. The Connie, however, weighed in at something over 650 lbs with a full tank (7.5 gal., US). The 650 F, at a bit over 500 lbs fueled, seems like a bicycle by comparison. I'm loving throwing it around tight roads here in New England and everywhere from the Canadian Maritimes to the Natchez Trace, especially once I put on the Pilot Road 3s. For me, it's the perfect balance between comfort on the big mile days (to get to the primo moto roads) , & fun when I get there. I just wish Suzuki would bring it back to the States. I'd buy a new one (with ABS) in a heartbeat.

New Haven, Ct.
U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:52 am 
Forum Member

And SUZUKI designed in that weight factor. Now for the rather large heavy can on the side that was bean counting.

GSX650F K8 BLUE/WHITE. MRA windscreen Yosh clutch and brake res covers R77 S on, Pazo shorty clutch/brake levers .compass/ temp int, LSL clip ons. 1250 oil cooler Sargent seat aluminum oil filler . . PB REAL Carbon side frame covers. Comp Werks under tail. PB Hugger. All lighting LED except LOW and High beam. Shorai LiFePO4 battery Busa rear shock, adj dogbones, danmotorearsets

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:12 am 
Forum Member

Well you guys still have the 1250 bandit which is pretty much the same bike with a bigger engine :) Myself I don't really need the big engine, for the street the 650 is fast enough.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:17 pm 
Forum Member

NavyNut wrote:
Well you guys still have the 1250 bandit which is pretty much the same bike with a bigger engine :) Myself I don't really need the big engine, for the street the 650 is fast enough.

Same here. I had a Gixxer 1K and went down to the 650F. It has plenty of power for the street, and is much more comfy, so I'm happy about my choice.
My neighbours didn't even notice I changed bikes, as they look almost identical.
Costs less to insure and plate too. Especially here in money hungry Quebec.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:15 am 

I'm a prior owner of a VFR800 and the "ONLY" reason I ended up giving her up was its top heavy weight. I sat on a GSX650F several times and find it a tad less heavy than the viffer. I'm sure the inline 4 will be smoother than the viffer v4 vtec which likes everything above 3k rpms all the time. I found one locally where I live with just 2k miles. The only thing that's keeping me from buying it is getting into another top heavy bike. The true weight of the viffer is around 587lbs (266kg) which makes her around 56lbs (25kg) heavier than the GSX. I'm not sure if 56lbs will make much difference in terms of low speeds?

So in your honest opinion, does the GSX rides easier than what its weight suggest? I live in South Florida so bumper to bumper is a way of life here. Any heavy bike can do well at highway speeds but what about negotiating city traffic at low speeds?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:05 am 
Forum Member

I only ever feel the weight when I hop off my modded Sv1000S straight onto the F. I find that when the rear tire starts to square off, it begins to feel a little sluggish in the corners. But with fresh, steep-profile tires, the 650F is a joy to toss into corners. I doubt I'll ever sell it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:40 am 

This is my first bike and so far I love it!!
Don't care what it weighs